Lochcarron Village Hall
Ross Mountain Battery (RMB) was Headquartered in Lochcarron and did some of their training and drills in this building. The Ammunition Column was based in Dingwall and there was another section in Stornoway. |
Initial training is essential, but where, or what form it took is not clear. Territorial Force Artillery Training Schools were set up in 1915 to train men as reservists for the RH & RFA, but do not mention RGA. Initially, there were five schools, later expanded to eight. The nearest of these to Scotland was at Catterick. The only definite reference to 'place' is at Bedford which does not seem to be on the 'schools' list.
There is more History and photographs of Ross Mountain Battery via 'Main Menu'.
|Return to Main Menu||Monument Selection||Back to Lochcarron|