Going downhill into Plockton, on the A890, the monument is located a little way up hillside on the right. A small slate sign shows the route to it, some 10 yards up a pleasant path.
It is a grey pillar, with a
Celtic Cross, of unusual design, on top. Further down the slightly tapering pillar is a hand holding a sword motiv, the blade of which stands vertically hehind a shield. Around the edge of that shield are the words -
PRO PATRIA 1914 - 1918
The pillar stands on a square section with more carvings.
There are name-lists on all four sides of the main block of the
Memorial, totalling twenty names for 1914-18, and another eight
for 1939-45 on a lower block, where there is only one list.
Map Reference is NG 800 331 on Sheet 26.