Ross & Cromarty War Memorials

 

Strathpeffer Primary School

More Info

The School logo showing the antlers indicating its connection with the MacKenzies

This shows the original unveiling of the plaque at Fodderty Primary School on 11th November 1930 (see picture). It was sbsequently moved to Strathpeffer Primary School, and unveiled again on 1st June 1950. Fodderty Primary School eventually closed in the year 2000.

Those who participated in the original unveiling cerenomy on 11th November 1030 are listed below. From the left they are:

FRONT ROW
1 - A piper from Fort George,almost certainly 'Seaforth'.
2 - Lady Isobel McKenzie, The Countess of Cromartie
3 - Mr F W Todd, Headmaster Fodderty School
4 - Mr Wm Gunn, ex Rector

BACK ROW
5 - Rev Mrs G T Todd
6 - Mrs A Mscdonald, Free Church
7 - Col Bluet Mackenzie, Castle Leod

Main Menu Monument Selection Back to School