Ross & Cromarty War Memorials

DINGWALL ACADEMY- photographs

Above: The front of the new Academy first occupied in August 2008,

The 1939 Academy described as on Tulloch Brae on History page. Demolished and replaced by the one above in 2008.

Left: The Academy's name sign at the gate on the A862
Right: There is a clock on this modern structure which, when seen from the front, shows DA for 'Dingwall Academy'.

Missing picture - unveiling of Academy War Memorial.

Left: Dingwall Town Crest on the wall of East Wing.
Right: Dingwall Public Library is actually located in the Academy and provides services to it.

The visit of Princess Anne in October 2013

  The origin of the Academy was a church school in a thatched building, then a purpose-built one in 1833 on a site, now Caberfeidh Avenue. Then came Tulloch Street, followed by Tulloch Brae in 1939. No photograph, or drawing, has been found of the first Caberfeidh Avenue one.

Return to Main Menu Monument Selection Academy First Page